4 Steps to Simplify Your Business for 2020
4 Easy Steps to Simplify Your Business for the New Year.
Now that the holidays are over and the New Year has officially started, it’s time to sit down and really determine some big questions:
- What do you want to happen this year for your business?
- What do you want your business and personal life to be like?
- How are you going to simplify your life and business so that you can reach your 2020 goals?
As you think about these big questions, you’ll want to identify how you can begin simplifying your business and personal life. By simplifying your life, you’re better able to meet your goals while feeling that you have a work-life balance.
Here are some top tips to help you simplify and organize yourself for 2020:
1) Revisit your plans from the past year.
- Identify what was and wasn’t successful, it’s important to review your previous year. Take time to sit down and review 2019 and ask yourself:
- What goals did I set in 2019?
- Did I achieved them?
- Why/or why not?
- What aspects of 2019 did you enjoy?
- What aspects of 2019 held you back?
By answering these questions, you’ll be able to identify how you should be moving forward in 2020.
2) Find a Calendar Solution.:
- Many times, people become overwhelmed with managing their calendar and trying to keep up with all of the commitments they have made.
Try finding a new calendar management system that works best for your business.
My Junna not only houses all of your client's information while being HIPAA compliant but it also has a calendar management function where you’re able to sync all of your appointments with your calendar (outlook, gmail, ical, and yahoo). With this all in one system, you’re able to keep track of your important appointments, include other team members and even assign tasks to yourself or others on the care team. Learn more about My Junna here: https://myjunna.com/
Acuity is one of the top calendar management systems. You’re able to easily organize your schedule, control your availability, and collect information about your clients when scheduling.
Take a look here to learn more: https://acuityscheduling.com/
3) Simplify Your Inbox:
- Too many emails: A common theme for most people is their email inbox overwhelm. If you’re getting emails that you are always deleting, schedule time into your calendar to ‘unsubscribe’ yourself- or event better, hire someone to do that for you! It will be worth the time/or money you spend to hire someone!Another option is to use Edison Mail. This tool helps you to organize your emails as well as unsubscribe from promotional content with just a single tap. Learn more here: https://mail.edison.tech/
Email Follow Up: Are you constantly worried you might be forgetting to follow up on something because of all the emails you receive? If that sounds like a constant problem you have, you may want to consider using an email-management tool such as Boomerang or Things. Both of these tools can help you to flag priority issues as well as assign follow up items.
4) Scheduling Your Time Effectively:
Most of our lives are spent doing things for other people either for work or our families. It’s hard to keep up with it all but here are some tips to help you run your business more efficiently so everything gets done.
- Plan to complete the day’s most difficult tasks in the morning. The myth of the “afternoon slump” is a real phenomenon. As the day goes on, you get more and more worn out and also become overwhelmed with everything you still need to accomplish. Schedule your big tasks for the mornings and all of your smaller tasks for later in the day and you’ll see that you’ll be able to accomplish more!
- Block out a half-hour of “me time” either every day or multiple times a week. Even though it’s only 30 minutes, it will help you to disconnect from emails, responsibilities and really find your center and balance. You’ll return to work in a better mood and get more done.
- Once you’re done setting plans in place to simplify your business, you will feel lighter and have a specific plan for how to devote more time to what matters in your business for 2020. With your new simplified work life, you’ll be ready to take on the New Year and meet all of your goals!
Tell us in the thread below, how else can you simplify your life?
Are you curious how MyJunna can help simplify your business?
See what our Case Manager, Advocate, and Life Care Planner clients say about how MyJunna has helped them.